Saturday, November 16, 2013

Participating in Miracles

There is this feeling that you have when you leave the hospital, or your home, or the birthing center after giving birth to your first child. It's like you can't believe that the rest of the world continued to go on as normal, while you have been participating in miracles....It's surreal.  You want to stop everyone you see and tell them, "do you know what just happened? The world became a better place because I made this baby. See?"

Today, Jessi and I are headed back into FAHC to do a blood test that will determine my HCG levels which will indicate if the embryos are nestled all snug in their bed or not. We have had almost no contact with the IVF clinic since the transfer. I really miss Nurse Mo so I'm really excited to check in with her but I am also becoming increasingly nervous.

I could barely sleep. I am going over every move I've made in the past 10 days. Every bit of food I ate. People have been asking me how I feel. If I feel "pregnant". I feel guilty when I say no. Mo told me I wouldn't be able to tell, but I mean, I seriously have NO IDEA.  I have noticed slight changes in my body-My digestion, "the ladies" are a little sore, but other than that-NOTHING.

I hope I didn't screw this up.  I hope Jessi and I get a phone call later that confirms that we are participating in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment