Monday, February 17, 2014

Cry, Cry Baby


Here are a list of things that have made me cry in the past few weeks:

Athletes competing in the Olympics and meeting or exceeding their own expectations.
Athletes competing in the Olympics and failing to land their triple toe loop by just a few centimeters and then having to watch it three times in slow motion, followed by a screen shot of their disappointed face. Just heartbreaking.
Bob Costas' eye infection.
My daughter's valentine's card to my son.
My job. Because I hate it. And also because I love it.
A Zumba® routine my Zumba® friends sent me in order to prepare for the 6th Annual Woman Helping Battered Woman Zumbathon® (that takes place March 22nd from 5-8 at Memorial Auditorium).
Every time someone sponsors me for the WHBW Zumbathon®-Maggie Van Duyn's Page (donate here to make me cry!)
My son telling me I'm the best Mommy and giving me a great big hug.
An episode of Criminal Minds.
My older sister's email with a picture of her and her baby bump.
Every time I hear the song Brave by Sara Bareilles. Check out the video and cry for yourself.
My daughter's excitement to build snow forts with her dad for hours in the backyard.
The loaf of bread that I baked. It's just that I've been saying I
want to start baking bread for about 6 months and I finally did it!

Really, just about anything will do it. I attended an ultrasound on Sunday, February 16th at 8:15 AM and Jessi and Ben also had an ultrasound for 8:30. You know, to get an idea of how we were progressing. Although I was told that my endometrium was happy, we didn't really get any more information except that both of us should call back on Monday to find out what to do next.

After the appointment Jessi hands me a gift bag from her parents, Kevin and Joanne. It should be noted that I have known Kevin and Joanne since I was a hoodlum on the mean streets of Essex Jct. The Holcomb's and my mom would constantly call each other regarding our whereabouts and inevitably catch Jessi and I in some sort of lie. Really all the parents involved just wanted to make sure that we were safe, but at the time it felt like they were ruining our fun and just wanted to get us in trouble. Now that Jessi and I are out of the woods (literally and figuratively) in the troublemaking department, we've moved onto babymaking. Kevin and Joanne have been amazing and supportive and wonderful parents to all of their children, but I'm fairly certain that we wouldn't be going for round three without their incredible encouragement.

So I says to Jessi, I says, "Should I open this now, or is it going to make me cry?" Really this is a stupid question because as you can see from the list above, just about anything makes me cry.
Jessi says, "I don't think it will make you cry. I got one too."

Proceed to opening and hey, look at that. I'm crying.  Enclosed is a gift certificate for my favorite massage therapist and a note card that would melt the heart of a Vermont Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment