Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Sweet Goodbye

Dear Assisted Fertility Programs,

I'm writing a letter to sincerely thank you for all you have done for us. Jessi, Ben, myself and our families would not be in this amazing, exciting, fertile position if it weren't for your assistance. I truly am so appreciative and in awe of the scientific advances the world has made to get us where we are today. I have learned so much during this time. Truly. Thank you.

But goodbye. Goodbye IVF clinic. Goodbye Mo, and Dr. D and the rest of the nurses and doctors I was friendly with at times and spit venom toward at others. Goodbye.

Goodbye Fertility "F&*^*n" Pharmacy. Even though your customer service and delivery improved throughout time, I'm not sure if Jessi or I will ever reference your business without reminiscing about the horrors and late night mishaps. After tomorrow, I will gladly retire using your patches, your vaginal suppositories, your self-administered stabbings, among other medications. Goodbye.

Goodbye to the ever reliable Interweb to weigh our odds about whether or not this would be successful. Goodbye statistics on "infertility treatments" and "IVF miscarraige rates" and "ectopic pregnancy". Goodbye.

Tomorrow we start a new chapter in this story. We have our FIRST actual pre-natal appointment at Maitri. And although we will always be grateful for the assistance you have provided, we are ready......so incredibly ready, to move on.


Peace,
Jessi, Ben, Maggie, Jim and our ever-loving families XO
                                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Maitri is amazing , you will be in great hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanna say that I'm a little mad at your post title! I was scared to read it because I thought it was bad news! Wooosaaah SO glad it was a different goodbye!

    ReplyDelete